Aluminum foil packaging is a bag-type container made of flexible composite packaging materials. The emergence of flexible packaging has greatly improved the mechanization and automation of the food and beverage industry, and accelerated the modernization and socialization of people's diet. In developed countries, flexible packaging has become one of the main packaging forms for food and beverages, replacing canned and bottled to a certain extent. Flexible packaging not only has moisture-proof and fresh-keeping effects, but also can print a variety of patterns and text, is an ideal material for modern commercial packaging. With the improvement of people's living standards, there is still much room for development of flexible packaging aluminum foil.
Aluminum foil is produced by rolling aluminum slabs cast from molten aluminum in a rolling mill to the desired thickness less than 0.2 mm . It provides a complete barrier to light,oxygen, moisture and bacteria. For this reason, foil is used extensively in food packaging and pharmaceutical packaging. It is also used to make aseptic packaging that enables storage of perishable goods without refrigeration.
Aluminium Foil's Amazing Properties:
- Cost effective
- Barrier to moisture, oxygen and other gases, odours, light, fats and grease
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Non-toxic; inert to most foods, drugs and cosmetics
- Imparts no detectable taste or odour to foodstuffs
- Hygienic: foil is sterilized during annealing and does not harbour or promote bacterial growth
- Non absorptive
- Withstands a wide range of temperatures from deep freeze to the oven
- Excellent thermal properties
- Excellent heat conductivity and heat dissipation
- Good electrical conductivity
- High surface reflectivity
- Good burst and tear strength yet lightweight and durable
- Excellent formability with dead fold properties
- High decorative appeal, excellent surface for printing, coating and laminating
- Compatible with other laminating material
The Physical Requirements of Aluminum Foil Packaging:
1.1 ALLOY AND TEMPER
1.2 SPECIFICATION AND TOLERANCE
1.3 CHEMICAL COMPOSITION
Here the chemical composition covers alloy 8011 or alloy 1235.
Chemical Composition (max %)
Remark:Foil covered herein is 8011/1235 alloy aluminum master rolls at specified gauges of 0.005-0.050mm nominal thickness.
1.4 MECHANICAL PROPERTIE
Tensile Strength (Mpa) Elongation（δ%）
Aluminum Foil for Pharmaceutical
Beer Bottle Wrapping Foil
Foil for Laminating
with Paper Board
|Hot Seal or Lidding Foil||0.020-0.060||8011-O||70～105||≥4.0|
|Adhesive Tape Foil||0.0065-0.012||1235-O||≥50||≥1.5|
|Household Aluminum Foil||0.010-0.050|
2.PACKING AND SHIPPING REQUIREMENTS
2.1Quantities – As specified on the purchase order with a tolerance of +/- 10% unless otherwise stated on the order.
2.2Packaging – Foil rolls are to be packed in standard export wooden box,normal handling by common carrier will ensure safe transportation without damage to the foil. This includes wrapping to protect the foil from water stain and corrosion.
2.3Label – Each roll shall be identified with the following:
f)Net weight (kg)